String scalar type represents textual data, represented as UTF-8 character sequences. The String type is most often used by GraphQL to represent free-form human-readable text.
link GraphQL Schema definition
1 scalar String
link Required by
- CertificationRequestA request for a standardized assessment from a company. A certification request is uniquely identified by its ID, or by the (companyId, testId, candidateEmail) triplet.
- CodingSolutionSolution submitted to a coding task.
- CompanyA company is an organization of user accounts that have access to the assessment platform.
- CompanyFeatureA feature that can be enabled for a given company.
- CompanyFeaturesFeatures that can be set on a service plan or a company.
- CompanyTestA non-standardized test owned by a particular company.
- CompanyTestSessionAn session of a company test.
- CompanyTestSessionResultThe result of a completed company test session.
- CustomFeaturesInputFeatures that can be set on a company. See CompanyFeatures type for full descriptions.
- FreeFormSolutionSolution submitted to a free-form task.
- FrontendLibraryInputFront-end libraries included in the task. This can be used to enable the use of React or other front-end frameworks in the task.
- LiveInterviewA live interview defines a collaboration programming session.
- QuizSolutionSolution submitted to a quiz task.
- RoleRoles contain permissions that allow certain actions.
- ScoreRangeLabelAutomatically assign a label when the candidate scores within a given inclusive range.
- ServicePlanA service plan represents a level of functionality and service associated with a CodeSignal product.
- SolutionSourceA file submitted as a solution to a coding task.
- StandardizedTestA standardized test that is not restricted to a particular company.
- StandardizedTestSessionA session of a standardized test.
- StandardizedTestSessionResultThe result of a completed standardized test session.
- TaskA question that may be asked during an assessment.
- TestA test defines a set of tasks that a user may be invited to solve as part of an assessment.
- TestCaseInputA test case consists of a list of input values and an expected output for them.
- TestSessionAn session of a test.
- TestSessionFeedbackFeedback about a test.
- TestSessionTaskResultResult of a test session's task.
- TestTakerIdentifying information associated with a test session's test-taker.
- UserProfileUser profile data that can be protected by privacy settings.
- UserSkillA language or a tool the user is comfortable with.
- __DirectiveA Directive provides a way to describe alternate runtime execution and type validation behavior in a GraphQL document. In some cases, you need to provide options to alter GraphQL's execution behavior in ways field arguments will not suffice, such as conditionally including or skipping a field. Directives provide this by describing additional information to the executor.
- __EnumValueOne possible value for a given Enum. Enum values are unique values, not a placeholder for a string or numeric value. However an Enum value is returned in a JSON response as a string.
- __FieldObject and Interface types are described by a list of Fields, each of which has a name, potentially a list of arguments, and a return type.
- __InputValueArguments provided to Fields or Directives and the input fields of an InputObject are represented as Input Values which describe their type and optionally a default value.
- __TypeThe fundamental unit of any GraphQL Schema is the type. There are many kinds of types in GraphQL as represented by the `__TypeKind` enum. Depending on the kind of a type, certain fields describe information about that type. Scalar types provide no information beyond a name and description, while Enum types provide their values. Object and Interface types provide the fields they describe. Abstract types, Union and Interface, provide the Object types possible at runtime. List and NonNull types compose other types.